There’s a great article over at Domain with a few key pieces of advice on how to sell your home in a buyer’s market. The article goes into some detail, but here are the key points:
- Make sure your real estate agent is actively contacting potential buyers.
- Be flexible regarding inspection times.
- Make sure your home is presented really, really well.
- Be realistic about your sale price.
- Go with a private sale rather than an auction.
For more information, check out Domain – “How to sell property in a buyer’s market”.
Update May 29, 2008: According to RP Data, properties across Australia are taking longer to sell, with buyers rather than sellers being in the box seat. It really is a buyer’s market.
For more information, check out the Brisbane Times – ‘It’s back to a buyer’s market’.