I received an email today telling me about a Home Buyer Show that’ll be touring the eastern states of Australia. It kicks off in Brisbane (July 25th to 27th), then moves on to Melbourne (August 15th to 17th) and Sydney (October 25th and 26th).
There’s some good stuff covered, especially for first home buyers. For example, in Brisbane on Friday 25th July at 2:30pm there’s a seminar offering an overview of the current property market, with suggestions on how to protect yourself against rising interest rates .
Here’s what the organisers have to say in their media release:
Free seminar presentations will cover the following topics:
- How to beat mortgage stress and protect against interest rate rises
- Are you eligible for first home buyer and other government grants?
- Where to buy on a limited budget – up and coming suburbs to look for
- Ten things you need to know when buying your first investment property
- Tips on inspecting display villages and residential communities
- How to get the best price when selling your home
- How to find the right builder for you
- Discover new buying opportunities (shared equity & dual occupancy)
Tickets are $15 each, but you can save $5 by booking in advance at www.homebuyershow.com.au. I don’t think I’ll have time to get there, but if you do go then please let us know what you thought of it by leaving a comment below.