According to a recent article at Domain.com.au – Ten ways to tip the balance in your favour – the photos used in the marketing of a home can have a pretty significant impact on the success of your sale. The agents interviewed by Domain.com.au offered a list of 10 ways for how you can sell your home for the best price in a tough market, and here’s their number 7:
“The difference between images taken by a professional photographer and an agent or home owner are ”night and day”, says Joseph Canturi of Century 21 Cordeau Marshall Double Bay.
For about $300, home owners can present a property that looks about ”20 per cent more valuable”, Canturi says. As well as knowing the right time of day to shoot, photographers will also fiddle with a scene to get the right look.
Nearly as important are floor plans, which Canturi says cost about $190.”
Here’s the full list of 10 things you can do to sell your home in a tough market:
- Find a real estate agent who is great at marketing.
- Choose an agent that has a team of other agents behind them.
- Price it right.
- Carefully choose whether an auction or private treaty is right for your specific property.
- Prepare your home well with great presentation.
- Make sure you have all your paperwork in order (such as council approval papers for any extra work you’ve had done).
- Bring in a professional photographer to shoot the home.
- Use great marketing.
- Highlight extra features and nearby attractions on a brochure to be handed out at open homes.
- Be flexible when it comes to allowing potential buyers through your home.